And the finish!

ME AND MY CREATION

ME AND MY CREATION

I’m delighted to inform you that my final project was a stunning success. As I mentioned in my previous blog post, my initially intended project was riddled with compromises left and right. I had to change my entire blueprint, use galvanized steel, and nearly experience a mental breakdown in the store. Never the matter, I was somehow able to complete the project in 10 hours total.

When you’re making a blueprint, materials and measurements can be accounted for. I was unaware of any future difficulties involving withering in harsh climates. Also, I never though of weight of the products. I originally wanted to use unaltered plywood, which is much lighter, however I was informed that this sort of wood splinters easily. As a universally friendly piece of equipment, I wouldn’t want to give my viewers any sort of splinter pain. I eventually had to abort my plan of having the cheapest materials possible.

Treated wood is automatically more expensive and heavy; but entirely necessary. My original from and length of the wood pieces were simply required to be shrunken in order to access the maximum width of the desired pipe diameter. I used metal parts like galvanized steel to hold the pipes together, thus slightly dampening the musical tone.

I spray painted the PVC pipes with a fluorescent green color in honor of the DOT garden. To build contrast, I painted the the legs a solid matte black shade. Also, as a finishing touch, I added two metal handlebars on either and of the instrument, thus making it possible to move with two people. (One person alone can not move this monstrously heavy instrument). See? Even with product compromises such as part-shrinking, weight is still an element that effects construction negatively.

HERE'S AN UPCLOSE SHOT

HERE’S AN UPCLOSE SHOT

My biology instructor gave me some valuable information. She simply told me that the mallet I was using could easily be stolen or misplaced from the instrument if it wasn’t attached some how. Before even recognizing the build of my mallet, (the metal handle bar that I would not be able to drill through with a standard power drill) I had set up a few extra blueprints that I realized wouldn’t work. I only had less than that same day left in order to acquire a chain, and attach it to my instrument.

As of now, I have run out of precious time to complete such a demanding task. Being a person like you, I need my sleep, nourishment, and exercise. I simply was not able to drill a few extra mounts to my instrument, attach it to a chain, and attach the chain to the mallet.

I hope you enjoyed this journey with me and my wacky crazy instrument journey. If you liked, it please leave a comment below and click the star button-thing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s